Troubleshoot Your Streaming
No one likes to encounter buffering issues. See below for some steps you can take to ensure smooth and steady streaming.
- Ensure your internet browser (Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.) is updated to the latest version.
- Clear browser cache and cookies, and restart browser.
- Ensure that browser plug-ins, which operate video streaming (e.g., Silverlight, Adobe Flash player, etc.), are updated to the latest version.
- Ensure that the software application on your entertainment device (e.g., Smart TV, Xbox, etc.) are updated to the latest version.
- If applicable, clear the system cache on the device you are using. (Xbox = System Settings > Storage or Memory > highlight storage device, and press “Y” on controller > Clear System Cache.) (See Owner’s Manual or Support website for your device to see if this step applies to you.)
- Connect device directly to the Ethernet wall jack and/or router via Ethernet cable to elude wireless interference. (Learn more about wireless interference in our support article, Connecting to WiFi.)
- If applicable, try adjusting the data usage for your streaming application (see Netflix data usage documentation).